Privacy Statement GDPR
- Fees are due before the beginning of term.
- Fee’s are non-refundable however missed classes can be made up in alternate classes with prior written notice, during the current term.
- If classes are cancelled due to restrictions all classes will be transferred over to zoom. There will be no refunds.
- Children are required to wear the regulation uniform.
- A pupil may be temporarily or permanently excluded at the discretion of the Musical Mayhem Teacher.
- By accepting enrolment in the school, parents acknowledge and accept that dance instruction often involves physical placement by the teacher.
- All staff are fully DBS checked.
Parents must inform us immediately of any change of address or telephone number.
- Students are required to arrive in good time for their classes so they do not miss the essential warm up.
- Latecomers will not be able to join the class until they are warm, to prevent injury. Teachers have the right to refuse entry to a class in case of persistent lateness.
- Parents are requested to accompany their children to the studio and to collect them at the end of class. The school cannot be held responsible for children outside the studio/hall or outside class times.
- All injuries will be recorded in the Accident book. First Aid equipment is available at each venue.
- Young children may require a member of staff to accompany them to the toilet.
- Musical Mayhem do not take responsibility for lost property but when we find items they will be handed into the venue lost property box.
1. Children are expected to treat the teachers and fellow students with kindness and respect.
2. If a child is not behaving to these expectations they will be given 3 warnings. After 3 warnings the child will be given a time out.
3. Students who misbehave in three classes, requiring a time out, will be removed from the class register and unable to attend class for the foreseeable future.
- Photographs/video recordings may not be taken during classes without the express permission of the teacher.
- There is one exception to (1) which is parent observation class when all parents/guardians are encouraged to come and view classes and photographs/video recordings are permitted. If you do not wish your child to be photographed/videoed on ‘watching day’ please do not bring them to class, a ‘make-up’ class can be arranged by contacting the school office at [email protected].
Child Protection Policy
- It is the policy of the school to provide efficient, up-to-date, enjoyable and safe instruction in dance, singing and acting to all pupils who enrol in the school or join in the classes or activities.
- The premises and equipment will be checked regularly for any defects or faults that exist or may have developed which might present hazards to any attending the premises, any issues will be immediately reported to the hall manager.
- All instruction will be geared to the previous experience and abilities of the pupil(s) and no person will be required to perform movements beyond their intrinsic capabilities. Staff will be sensitive to all pupils’ religious beliefs and culture.
- No energetic instruction will be given without pupils undergoing a “warm-up” session, and after an energetic session completing a “warm-down” session.
- An accident book will be kept to allow records to be kept of any incident in the school, injuries of any nature to staff or pupils.
- No very young pupil will be allowed to leave the school premises until collected by a parent, guardian or other adult authorised to do so by a parent or guardian. A member of staff will remain on the premises until all pupils have left.
- No pupil under age 16 will be driven home by a member of staff in his/her car without the permission of a parent or guardian except in the event of an emergency.
- Only suitably qualified persons will be employed in a teaching capacity while any student engaged to assist with teaching will only work under the supervision of a qualified member of staff.
- The school principal will ensure that she and the members of staff are properly covered against incidents involving public liability and professional negligence insurance.
- No form of discrimination, by religion, colour, the child’s background and so on will be tolerated in the school.
- At all times, all staff will endeavour to keep the highest standards of instruction and behaviour. The school principal retains the right to discharge from the school any pupil who persistently disrupts the tuition, uses offensive language, or other anti-social behaviour.
Health & Safety Policy
Our statement of our health and safety policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our staff on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe equipment.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for staff.
- To ensure all staff are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Baby & Toddler Classes